Paul's Possible Agenda for a NetOpsIII
- 1st part | Review: uses of and needs for strong motion data
- Rapid Post-earthquake Assessments, [Operational]
- Structural Response (SOH, model validation, rapid assessment) [Operational & Research]
- Geotechnical processes & effects, [Mostly Research]
- Understanding the Earthquake Source [Mostly Research]
- Early Warning [Operational]
- Trends: Rapid deployment, Integration w/GPS, Strong rotations,
Wireless sensor networks, Satellite and CDMA telemetry, NetQuakes &
other Amateur networks.
- 2nd part | Organizational, programmatic response
- Structure of monitoring program (particularly role of NSMP,
ANSS, some NEES)
- National inventory of strong motion networks/stations.
- ANSS Performance Goals.
- ANSS instrument acquisition -- current contracts and trends.
- Data processing and archiving.
- Metadata maintenance / Archive?
- 3rd part | Operational Elements
- Siting issues (permitting, categories, characterization,
- Station maintenance issues
- Instrumentation firmware
- Troubleshooting station problems
- Communications for SMOs
- SOH monitoring
- SMO metadata management
- data QC/QA, and processing
- 4th part | Vendor briefings, Discussions, & Wrap-up
- Vendor briefings
- Open mike for questions from participants, and related discussions